Monday, October 20, 2008

Intro

Well here it is. First entry of my webolution blog. Not sure what to write (is it to be library related? I hope not!) but am writing anyway - I figure if I keep typing something will come to me eventually - I hope!

Okay - so I'll start with why it's called 'Road to Bandiagara'. Many years ago I discovered via google and an interest in West Africa, a place called the Bandiagara escarpment. This is a large rocky escarpment situated in Mali and is home to the Dogon people. The area is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and for some reasons which I don't fully understand I would like to visit there one day. It's not my great life quest or anything - I just want to go there one day before I die. It's the kind of place you go not for a few days or a week - if I went there I'd plan on staying there a while...a couple of months perhaps. I intend to do it via Motorcycle - Africa nth to sth - but that's ages away and I've still got to learn to ride dirt and fix chains and broken water pumps and all that mechanical stuff one needds to do when travelling Africa nth to sth on a motorcycle.

To get to Bandiagara I have a fair bit of planning to do. Firstly the kids 'need' to leave home. I wont be kicking them out the door at 18 but I'll be encouraging them to go - asap...preferably. ;)

Lots of other factors determine my trip there - but they're not all that important and can be sorted out later - eg. time, money, work commitments etc.

Anyway, Bandiagara awaits but for now, Newport library awaits.

Rosie

No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog