Thursday, March 12, 2009

Memories and music...

And one more cos I love it so much:

The Mooche - Duke Ellington.

First time I heard this I was standing the galley of Enterprize during my first ever trip outside the Heads and around to Phillip Island/Westernport Bay.

I was on cook duties along with 2 other crew - Edwina and Ludo (a tall awesome Belgian). Edwina being ships cook was doing the main part and Ludo and I were her taste testers...we were testing the amt of chilli to add to the mix. Ludo had bought along some Cd's of his and one of them was a Duke Ellington disc. This played in the background while the ship rocked about and we taste tested and danced....it's an awesome memory of mine and I don't think I will ever forget and if I did, I'd only have to play that Duke Ellington CD (I went out and bought it straight after we got ashore) and be transported back to the Galley and the music and the laughs.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog