Friday, March 6, 2009

Zoho

Oh wow...check it out! Everything from 'Zoho is not Soso' was typed up using Zoho's online word processor and then saved to my Zoho account and then shared via the 'post to my blog' option. After selecting this option I was presented with a screen asking me for my blog type and sign in details. Entered all this info and my blog title appeared...posted the document and got back a message saying it had been posted to my blog. Came here, refreshed page and saw that it had indeed been posted here. How awesome is that! Even the photo of Audrey turned out.

My Zoho document:

Zoho is not Soso...

It's rather awesome actually.

 

How cool that this exists. I never knew there was such a thing as an online word processor. And free as well. Woohoo.

 

I can see the benefits. It'd be great for the girls if they have school assignments- esp if they're working as part of a group. Saves mucking about with emailing to each other etc and it means all the group can have input into the progress of the assignment.. It's also great for the girls as it means they don't have to muck around with saving stuff to USB. Eg...if they have a project to complete and they're at their Dads for the wknd, they can access and edit their docs from Zoho.

 

We'll definitely be using this program. Our Microsoft Word program on the comp atm is rather temperamental anyway - sometimes freezes for no good reason...sometimes just shuts down on its own. Annoys us so we try not to use it (I'm not organised enough to take it to a computer guru ;)

 

The Word processor application looks great. Seems to do everything word processing application should do. Great stuff.

 

Love all the options of what one can do wtih their document - Share it, publish it, post it to blog, email it, etc

 

Adding an image from my computer was simple too....here's one of my youngest daughter Audrey - it ws taken a few years ago. She looks totally huggable in this shot with her pink glitter hat and big 'fur' coat on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

wosemarywebolutionary said...

what interesting angles you have on things Rosie

Katie D said...

Zoho is not soso.....I love it!

Not long to go now, you are only a couple of actvities away, keep up the good work.

Your daughter is very cute, lucky I wasn't at the the event otherwise she would have had a fight on her hands for her pink hat.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog